Charlotte Christmas cake
Prepare time: 30 min Cooking time: 1 hr Ready in: 1 hour 30 min
A charlotte cake with a delicious and greener Christmas theme.
- 500 gr of Savoyards
- 3 cups of espresso sugaredg
- 150 grams of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 100 gr of flour
- 250 ml of milk
- 3 tablespoons of soluble coffee
- sugar or coconut
- Christmas puppets or other decorations to please
- Put the egg yolks in a large bowl with the sugar
- Fit the mixture and mix until you get a sparkling cream, almost white.
- Pour milk and three tablespoons of soluble coffee, stirring until it is completely dissolved.
- Add the sifted flour
- Now place the cream in a thick bottom pan and bake it on a low flame.
- Now pour the mixture into a bowl and cover with the transparent film, making sure the film does not touch the cream.
- Put everything in the fridge and let it cool down.
- Cover the edges and the base of a 16 cm diameter round ring with the savoiards wetted in sugary hot coffee
- Put chantilly cream in the coffee base.
- Transfer the cake into the fridge for at least a couple of hours.
- When serving the cake remove the ring and decorate with coconut and sugar or the Christmas decorations that you prefer!